Friday 17th June 2022. A date to remember:
1. It was the hottest day of the year so far in the UK
2. It was the MGA Group’s Grand Day Out!
With a loose agenda in place, 14 MGA and SGA Productions’ team members travelled across country to one of Britain’s iconic seaside destinations, Brighton.
Fuelled by Lola’s Pride cupcakes (you’ve all seen the picture of Damien, right?!), pints of beer, cider and a few glasses of vino, we slavered on the sun cream and tackled the rides at the end of the pier. After a head-spinning, body-slamming ride on the Mouse Trap, we went head-to-head on the dodgems. Only a few of us were left unscathed and most (including myself!) suffered whiplash!
Our next stop was to fend off the mutant seagulls as we tucked into our fish & chip lunch, whilst enjoying the typical (and dare I say, interesting…) seaside views. This was then followed by a few of the team frolicking in the warm sea (luckily there were no Baywatch-esque rescues required!). The drinks, food and laughter were in abundance.
We had a great day together, a treat from our Group CEO, Damien, as recognition for all our hard work over the past 6 months and for doing a great job day-to-day.
As we’re all still predominantly WFH, it’s important that we have agency away days, both from a personal and professional point of view.
They allow us to:
- Build and maintain good working relationships: it gives everyone the opportunity to leave their normal environment and interact with each other in a different setting. Breaking free from the confines of Teams and actually being able to maintain eye contact! It enables MGA and SGA Productions to come together – and something magical always happens when that occurs! It also ensures everyone has a voice, by talking about our hobbies and interests, aside from the next big thing at work (which is big by the way, as we’re turning 30!).
- Increases morale: being out of the office is a great mood booster, which in the long run aids with productivity. They say laughter is good for the soul, and there was plenty of that!
- Improves communication: spending time out of the office allows for teams to spend more organic time together. It allows us to get to know each other more, which helps to build trust, giving us a better understanding and greater confidence in communicating with each other.
A great day was had by all, and we look forward to the next MGA Group Grand Day Out.